I had never tried (or seen) a watermelon radish before, but one came in my Greenling box last week, along with this excellent salad recipe! It made for a surprisingly healthy & tasty lunch.
Watermelon Radish Salad With Avocado Vinaigrette
- 1 head of lettuce, chopped
- 1 bunch arugula, chopped
- 1 watermelon radish thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Avocado Vinaigrette
- 1 Tablespoon diced green onion
- 1½ tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1½ tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 avocado, halved lengthwise, pitted and sliced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt
- In a small bowl, stir together the diced onion, orange juice, vinegar & salt. Gently stir in the avocado. Let stand for 10 minutes, and then whisk in the olive oil to make it a vinaigrette.
- In large bowl toss together lettuce, radish slices & cilantro.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over the salad & serve immediately.