These raw coconut macaroons taste decadent, yet they are packed with tons of good-for-you-nutrition! Thanks to the cacao nibs in this recipe, you’ll get a dose of polyphenols and trace minerals such as magnesium & iron. The coconut oil in these treats acts as a binder to hold all the ingredients together and is a source of healthy fat.
I love how quick and easy this recipe is and the fact that there’s absolutely no cooking involved! Enjoy these raw macaroons when you need a sweet treat or as an on-the-go energy “bar.”
- 1½ cups finely shredded organic coconut
- ¼ cup organic almond meal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- A pinch or two of sea salt
- ½ cup melted extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 TBSP pure maple syrup
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup raw organic cocao nibs
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl, and all of the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and then add in the cacao nibs. Stir to combine.
- Use an ice-cream scoop or a large spoon to portion out the macaroons and then shaped them into a ball in your hands. Then place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and popped them in the freezer for about 10 minutes to allow the coconut oil harden. Store these macaroons in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.